Last Updated on March 04, 2015
The Primary Mission of the Church
What is Evangelization?
The simplest way to say what evangelization means is to paraphrase Pope Paul VI’s message On Evangelization in the Modern World:
Bringing the Good News of Jesus into every human situation and seeking to convert individual and society by the divine power of the Gospel itself.
Its essence is the proclamation of salvation in Jesus Christ and the response of a person in faith, both being the work of the Spirit of God.
Why do we Evangelize
- Jesus cmmanded us to evangelize
To bring enlightenment and life people from error
To share news of the salvation offered to every person in him.
We have experienced the love of Christ; we want to share it.
Where does Evangelization Happen?
The Holy Spirit is the fire of Jesus. The Spirit, the first gift of the Risen Christ to his people, gives us both the ability to receive the Gospel of Jesus and, in response, the power to proclaim it. We proclaim it:
- In the Life of the Church
- By the way we live God’s Love in our daily life.
- By the love, example, and support people give each other.
- Through the proclamation of the Word and the whole-hearten celebration of the saving deeds of Jesus.
- In sharing the Gospel with others.
- By reaching out to those who do not have a faith community and to invite them to consider the power of the Gospel of Jesus.
How Do we lead others to Christ?
By being the very image of Christ to others in how we live our lives.
How can I Evangelize you ask? Consider joining one of the following groups:
- Evangelization Committee
- Women’s Club
- Knights of Columbus
- Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults