Serve with Us Through Social Concerns
Works of love directed to one’s neighbor are the most perfect external manifestation of the interior grace of the Spirit….Pope Francis, Joy of the Gospel #37.
St. John Neumann is a faith community centered in Eucharist and Prayer. An integral part of our parish mission is our Social Concerns. Social Concerns has two parts, advocacy and service. Advocacy calls us to be aware of the poor and the issues they face. Service calls us to reach out to those in need. Pope Francis has reminded us that as Christians we are all called to serve the poor. Jesus taught us that “Whatever you do for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40
Social Concerns is open to everyone in the St. John Neumann community.
Social Concerns sponsors many service projects throughout the year. It is important to remember that everyone is welcome to help in whatever way they can. These service projects include:
- Quarterly food drives to benefit the Strongsville Food Bank and the food pantry at St. Boniface (W. 54th in Cleveland)
- Bi-monthly meals at Procop House and Fulton House, two transitional houses for men who were formerly homeless. Click here
- Quarterly brunch at St. Herman’s House of Hospitality. Click here
- Quarterly dinner at St. Patrick’s on Bridge Ave. Click here
- Martha’s Meals ministry which takes meals to parishioners who are homebound. Click here
- Prayer Shawl ministry where parishioners knit, crochet, or quilt prayer shawls or lap blankets for people who are ill, facing surgery, or in hospice.
- Giving Tree at Christmas where parishioners donate toys, clothing, and other gifts for those in need.
In this section of the website, you can learn about our outreach programs. If you are interested in being part of our outreach, please call the parish office 440-238-1770 or use the Contact Us Form.
Catholic Social Teaching:
Ohio Catholic Bishops:
Diocese of Cleveland Social Action Office:
Cleveland Catholic Charities:
Human Life Action:
Catholics Against the Death Penalty:
Catholic Nonviolence Initiative:
USCCB Initiative on Immigration Reform
USCCB Committee Against Racism:
Catholic Climate Covenant: