Family Faith Formation (PSR)
All children of registered families of St. John Neumann Church are welcomed into the Family Faith Formation.
FAMILY FAITH FORMATION 2021-2022
FFF Calendar 2021-2022
As Summer begins to wind down and school supplies are appearing in the stores, it is time to think about your child’s Catholic Faith Formation. It was a rough year last year as we worked around the Covid restrictions and enabled families to experience the Person of Jesus in their homes. Our sessions provided a chance for children and parents to go deeper in their faith. We received much positive feedback on the program and will be continuing it this year with a few modifications.
Our goal is to provide Parents with the tolls necessary to pass on the Catholic faith to their children and create young disciples for the faith.
- Sessions will be on Wednesday evenings from 6:45 pm-8:00 pm.
- Each month we will provide an opportunity for the whole family to gather and celebrate our Catholic Traditions together.
- Twice a month children will meet with grade-level Catechists to break open the Word using a new and exciting program from St Mary Press called Discover (https://www.smp.org/series/93/Discover-Finding-Faith-in-Life-Parish/)
- Each child will receive their own Children’s Bible as the primary text of the program
- Lessons are interactive-no desks and textbooks
- All children will meet on the same nights-no splitting of classes into 2 nights.
- Parents will have the opportunity (while the children are in class) to listen to a talk given by a priest, deacon or one of our staff members. These talks will directly correlate to what their child is learning in the classroom.
- One week a month will be set aside for families with multiple children or hectic schedules to meet with Catechists to assist in completing lessons.
- A program for homeschooling will be offered again this year. Online, self-directed, 20 minute lessons will be completed by the child. Parents will follow up by reading the Bible story with their child and asking 3 “go deeper” questions.
SAMPLE monthly schedule:
Week 1: Family event such as Mass, Prayer Service, Eucharistic Adoration, Stations of the Cross, Crafts for Prayer Table
Week 2: Parent/Child Session*
Week 3: Parent/Child Session*
Week 4: “Catch Up” Session
*Parents have the option of attend one or both sessions.
A Calendar for the year will be available in early August.
All new families will be given a Prayer Table Kit to establish a prayer space at home.
Another exciting addition this year is a monthly focus on a different Catholic Virtue and Saint. Families will be given a Saint prayer card that connects to a virtue. These cards will give ideas of how to live out that virtue in the home each month.
All families will be asked to make Mass attendance on the weekends a priority. Mass attendance as a family will enhance the learning experience at home and help your children grow closer to Jesus.
If you have any questions or would like to register for St John Neumann Family Faith Formation, please visit www.sjnohio.com/events. Registrations are due by August 15th to avoid a late fee.
I look forward to collaborating with you in helping your child grow closer to Jesus!