Family Faith Formation (PSR)
The goal of Family Faith Formation at St. John Neumann Catholic Church is to provide parents the tools necessary to pass on the Catholic faith to their children and assist in creating young disciples for the faith.
- Family Faith Formation (FFF) is for children in grades 1-5 and combined with First Communion.
- Two Sessions will be offered for the 2023-2024 year.
- Sessions will begin on September 12th, 2023 and end on May 14th, 2024
- Session 1 – Tuesday evenings from 5:00pm – 6:15pm (Minimum of 10)
- Session 2 – Tuesday evenings from 6:45pm – 8:00pm (Minimum of 10)
- Once a month an opportunity will be given for the whole family to gather and celebrate our Catholic Traditions.
- Twice a month children and parents will attend sessions at St. John Neumann.
- Children will meet with grade-level Catechists to break open the Word using an exciting resource from St Mary Press called Discover (https://www.smp.org/series/93/Discover-Finding-Faith-in-Life-Parish/)
- Each child will receive his or her very own Children’s Bible as the primary text used in catechesis
- Lessons will be interactive and age appropriate (no desks or workbooks).
- Parents will have the opportunity to listen to talks given by Fr. Barry, Annette Klanac, Deacon Ken, Deacon Keith or one of our staff members. These talks will help parents in raising children in the Catholic Faith.
- A program for “Sharing the Faith at Home” will be offered again this year. Online, self-directed, 20-minute lessons will be completed by the child. Parents will follow up by reading the Bible story with their child and asking 3 “go deeper” questions. Parents interested in this option should contact the Parish Office for details.
SAMPLE monthly schedule:
Week 1: Family event such as Mass, Prayer Service, Eucharistic Adoration, Stations of the Cross, Stewardship Activity
Week 2: Parent/Child Session*
Week 3: Parent/Child Session*
Week 4: All families share the faith at home together
A Calendar for the year will be available in early August.
Families new to St. John Neumann will be given a Prayer Table Kit to establish a prayer space at home.
All families will be asked to make Mass attendance on the weekends a priority. Mass attendance as a family will enhance the learning experience at home and help your children grow closer to Jesus.
If you have any questions or would like to register for St John Neumann Family Faith Formation, please visit www.sjnohio.com/events. Registrations are due by August 15th to avoid a late fee.
I look forward to collaborating with you in helping your child grow closer to Jesus!
Director of Family Faith Formation